Accordion Hurricane Shutters are designed to cover windows and sliding glass doors or enclose total balconies. Both curved and removable tracks are available to exactly fit your balcony and not take up valuable floor space. Motorized accordion shutters are now available. The accordion shutters have been tested to meet or exceed Southern Florida’s building code regulations.
- Built to withstand hurricane force winds
- Made from high-quality, extruded aluminum and stainless steel parts
- Encloses entire balconies with one shutter
- Protect patio doors from rain damage
- Improved stacking
- More coverage per blade
- Lower costs
- Fastest assembly and installation
- Reduced “footprint” for balcony enclosures
- Accordion Shutters – Bertha High Velocity
Why Choose the Accordion Hurricane Shutter Product?
Our Accordion Hurricane Shutters are designed to cover windows, sliding glass doors or enclose total balconies. These accordion shutters have been tested to meet or exceed the most stringent requirements for hurricane shutters in the industry, such as:
- Florida Building Code (FBC) Non HVMZ
- Florida Building Code (FBC) HVMZ
- Dade and Broward
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
- Miami-Dade County
- Accordion hurricane shutters are permanently installed for year-round protection.
- They fold back compactly, similar to a bifolddoor, and are one or two piece shutters.
- They are installed in front of windows and doors, balconies, and large patio openings.
- Accordion shutters are convenient and easily close. They lock from the inside or outside for increased security and protection.
- Accordion hurricane shutters are made of aluminum and should be cleaned and lubricated yearly.
- Accordion shutters are considered one of the strongest shutters available.
- A Special 90° degree corner mate is available to exactly fit your balcony and not take up valuable floor space.
- The new Big Bertha HV features hurricane protection for residential and commercial applications.
- The two-blade system is highly versatile and allows flexible use of components for both commercial and residential hurricane shutter systems.